Bill C-71 Firearms Update

The federal government has enacted a couple of pieces of Bill C-71 through Order In Council:

  1. Background checks now cover the lifetime of an applicant for a firearms licence.
  2. You now need an Authorization to Transport a restricted or prohibited firearm you are licensed for to and from a business for repair or appraisal, a gun show, a point of entry or exit, or to a peace officer, firearms officer or CFO for verification, registration or disposal.

RCMP Bulletin

Applying for an Authorization to Transport